Facial Oils for Flawless Skin
Using oils can set you on the path to a gorgeous complexion. For centuries humans have kept their skin vibrant and flawless with facial oils. All the oils used in Starflower's facial oils are unrefined, uncut, certified organic, and food-grade. This makes them holistic by nature and their minimal processing allows their substance integrity to remain intact and vital, which means they better nourish and absorb into the skin than cosmetic-grade products. Keep reading to see why Starflower’s must-try facial oils should be in your beauty routine — and which ones would work best for you.
Benefits of Using Starflower Facial Oils
- Free radical damage can cause your skin to wrinkle, but the antioxidants found in our face oils can slow the aging process.
- They work effectively for skin that is affected by sun damage and dryness.
- They are a great antidote to dry, flaky skin. Especially in colder, more dry climates, oils will be a very effective moisturizer.
- Because oils are lipophilic, they penetrate deep into the skin, trapping water and other moisturizing goodness in, while keeping toxins and oxidation out.
- They fortify and strengthen your skin’s natural barrier, which is essential for protection against pollution and smog, which are a source of wrinkles.
- If you wear foundation or mineral powder make-up, they will help your make-up blend better so that you see less of your pores and more of a finer skin tone.
- They shrink enlarged pores by pulling out grime, making them appear smaller and less noticeable.
- They help to calm down inflammatory skin issues.
SkinDance Face Moisturizer
SkinDance Face Moisturizer is a phenomenal product for your skin and is Starflower's Best Seller. This face oil works well for all skin types, including oily, problem, dry, devitalized, sun-damaged skin.
This formula contains oils of jojoba, apricot, almond, borage, black currant seed, evening primrose, rosehip seed, hemp seed, sea buckthorn, comfrey, Vitamin E, and essential oils.
Facial Tonic Oils - Jasmine, Neroli, and Rose
Our Tonic Oils are high-frequency, anti-aging, and nourishing natural ‘eau de parfums’. Jasmine works well for all skin types, especially dry, greasy, irritated, sensitive. Neroli works well for all skin types, especially dry and sensitive. Rose works well for normal to dry skin.
These formulas contain 5% organic essential oils in jojoba, argan, and moringa oils.
Starflower Moringa Oil is infused with Moringa leaf for better nutrient and chlorophyll content. This oil works well for all skin types, especially oily, acne, dry, devitalized, sun-damaged skin. This is also an unscented moisturizer, a great choice for people who are sensitive to scents.
Bright Eyes Regenerative Eye Oil
Our Bright Eyes Oil blends highly-nutritive and absorbent essential fatty acid oils with anti-inflammatory essential oils to calm redness, smooth fine wrinkle lines, give elasticity to the tender, fragile skin around your eyes, and truly give your eyes a lift. This oil works well for skin lacking elasticity, inflamed, wrinkled skin. It is also beneficial for eczema and acne.
This formula contains oils of borage, black currant seed, evening primrose, jojoba, comfrey, and squalene.
A Deeper Look Into the Benefits of Each Oil
- Jojoba - Contains 97% pure waxy esters (unsaturated). Acts as a medium for attracting and holding in moisture (humectant) and also to regulate the flow of sebum. The oil is of extremely fine molecular size and most similar to the skin's sebum.
- Apricot - A softening emollient for the skin. Moisturizes and leaves no oily film on the skin.
- Almond - An excellent emollient used to soothe and protect the skin. High in oleic, linoleic and other fatty acids. Healing and moistening especially in the treatment of very dry, chapped skin.
- Borage - High in essential fatty acids and contains up to 24% GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) vitamins and minerals. All skin types can benefit from its regenerative and stimulating qualities. Excellent for prematurely aging skin.
- Black Currant Seed - Rich in EFAs that support collagen synthesis.
- Evening Primrose - High concentration of gamma Linolenic acid, essential for collagen production.
- Rose Hip Seed - Has tonic and astringent qualities. High in Vitamin C, and soothing to the skin.
- Hemp Seed - An ancient plant cultivated for seeds which provide both protein and essential fatty acid-rich oil. Hemp seed oil is a remarkably well-balanced oil. This remarkable oil contains essential fatty acids in a ratio conducive to continuing essential fatty acid balance in the long term. Hemp oil also contains up to 2% GLA.
- Sea Buckthorn - Promotes skin hydration, elasticity, cell regeneration, and even helps treat and prevent acne. Sea Buckthorn oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and redness associated with many skin conditions, including eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
- Comfrey - Anti-inflammatory, astringent demulcent, emollient. Comfrey is one of the most healing and vitalizing herbs for skincare. Contains mucopolysaccharides used for effective cell therapy.
- Squalene - Unsaturated hydrocarbon from olive oil. Also found in human sebum (5%). A natural emollient to all skin types.
- Vitamin E (D-alpha tocopherol) - A natural antioxidant and preservative preventing rancidity in creams, body oils, and lotions.
- Argan - Packed with omega fatty acids, vitamin E, and linoleic acids, all of which work to lightly moisturize your skin, soften dry patches, and even reduce acne.
- Moringa - With its large vitamin A and vitamin E components and deep penetrative ability, it acts as nature's retinoid to help reduce lines, wrinkles, inflammation, and encourage healthy cell regeneration. High in retinoic acid that smoothes skin to a porcelain-like texture.
Face oils can work wonders on any number of skincare woes and transform skin from dull to dazzling. For skin that is nourished, glowing and protected, consider Starflower Essential Facial Oils as one of the skincare products out there worth adding to your skincare routine!